- To promote greater visibility for women through the effective use of the media.
- To build the capacity of journalists in gender responsive reporting.
- To build the capacity of girls through mentorship programmes to become the new generation of credible leaders.
- To train girls and women to effectively use the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the new media for advocacy and mobilizing for gender equality.
- To create a platform for media practitioners and gender advocates to work together to promote gender equality and the empowerment of girls and women.